Velocity Trade’s South African operations provide specialized facilities to large cap Issuers undertaking share issuance programs transacting under the Black Economic Empowerment regime of South Africa.
Since its initial role in supporting MTN’s BEE entity ‘’MTN Zakhele’’ in 2013, Velocity Trade has evolved with the changing nature of the regulatory landscape and the unique challenges presented by large scale restricted trading initiatives in South Africa. As the most actively traded BEE counter with over 121,000 participants, MTN Zakhele required significant planning, infrastructure, trading and contact center resources to ensure a robust and effective delivery.
In 2016 Velocity Trade began to support Vodafone’s South African subsidiary Vodacom in the listing of their BEE entity ‘’Vodacom Yebu Yethu’’, on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), with over 100,000 participants. Vodacom has responded to the government’s revised BEE codes to target the growth of its black ownership, a strategic move aimed at improving its BEE scorecard and improving its positioning within the local market.
Velocity Trade is a licensed Category I and II Financial Service Provider, a Financial Services Board and Strate Approved Nominee and a Strate endorsed transfer secretary.
We are able to provide a complete value chain offering for BEE/restricted shareholders to trade on the JSE:
- Transfer Secretary;
- Issuer Nominee;
- Issuer BEE Verification Agent; and
- Trading Entity Services.
Our online trading platform offers the following benefits:
- Simplified, accessible platform in order for ALL shareholders to trade the BEE shares on the JSE
- Cost effective for the shareholder to trade
- The ability for shareholders to choose to use the facilitated service to transact or choose their own JSE member
- Access to live pricing from the JSE via our web front-end or via the call center
- Real-time indicative valuations of shareholder’s shareholding at latest prices
- An order book with market depth creating the opportunity for better pricing by bringing more buyers and sellers to the market individually